Data Operations Lead
Itemize is a FinTech data extraction engine used by companies to transform purchase documents, such as receipts and invoices, into data for their accounting and expense tracking needs. Recognized by Gartner as a top provider in the field, Itemize harnesses leading edge Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to drive processing efficiency for a range of leading clients in financial services, including credit cards, accounting software, and expense management.
Itemize operates a cloud-based processing service that involves both fully and partially automated systems for extraction, validation, and verification. The Itemize platform supports users in over 25 countries and numerous languages.
You are passionate about technology and have experience working in financial services or financial supply chain businesses. You are a quantitative thinker who uses data to drive results, and are eager to contribute both individually and as a team leader. You have demonstrated the capability to efficiently plan, prioritize, and manage numerous projects and tasks simultaneously. You are enthusiastic about working in small companies with agile processes and fluid organizations. You are deeply committed to teamwork, integrity, and innovation.
The Data Operations Lead will oversee the operational delivery of services to enterprise clients, including the achievement of SLAs for data processing accuracy and timeliness. The Data Operations Lead will work with the data science team to continuously improve the system and generate meaningful business intelligence.
The Data Operations Lead will report to the CEO and will be responsible to:
- Manage daily data operations achievement of client SLAs
- Supervise third party vendors that support production and document processing
- Manage the team and systems to measure platform accuracy and throughput
- Guide team members regarding procedures, issues, work priorities, and client interactions
- Oversee customer service and manage the tools used for customer service and its reporting
- Oversee the maintenance, cleansing, and normalization of data assets
- Drive constant improvement in a high-transaction volume environment
- Work with Technology and Product to prioritize and complete improvements to the system
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline
- 3-5 years’ hands-on experience in high volume data environments
- 2+ years’ experience with MySQL or other types of relational database
- The ability to measure and drive to results using a proven methodology, such as Six Sigma
- The ability to generate actionable business intelligence for senior management