Itemize is a FinTech data extraction engine used by companies to transform purchase documents, such as receipts and invoices, into data for their accounting and expense tracking needs. Recognized by Gartner as a top provider in the field, Itemize harnesses leading edge Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to drive processing efficiency for a range of leading clients in financial services, including credit cards, accounting software, and expense management.
Itemize operates a cloud-based processing service that involves both fully and partially automated systems for extraction, validation, and verification. The Itemize platform supports users in over 25 countries and numerous languages.
You are an experienced Compliance Associate with the demonstrated ability to thoughtfully analyze policy matters and complex and nuanced topics. You possess excellent oral and written communication skills, clearly and calmly clarifying how relevant data policies apply, and helping to drive compliant solutions. You are self-motivated with a strong project management background, and thrive in a rapid-paced environment.
You are committed to the values of teamwork, integrity, and innovation.
About the Role
The Compliance Associate will support legal, privacy, compliance, and related cross-functional projects across the Itemize legal, business and tech teams for products delivered in the US and internationally. Among other responsibilities, the Compliance Associate will lead projects related to program readiness and best practices for General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), SOC 2 Type 2, and EU-US Privacy Shield.
The Compliance Associate will work closely with our Legal and Product teams to implement initiatives necessary for compliance with global privacy and data privacy laws and regulations. The Compliance Analyst will develop strategies and initiatives to engage with key stakeholders and raise awareness of data privacy and security compliance and governance across the company.
The Compliance Associate will report directly to the General Counsel and will work with every team in the company, including product, technology, accounting, HR, sales, marketing, and customer support teams.
- Establish governance, safeguards, and auditing infrastructure to ensure ongoing compliance
- Translate regulatory requirements into actionable business requirements and ensure clear communication and coordination with business and technology teams
- Work with Itemize PMO to communicate project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams
- Partner with the legal team to help ensure Itemize’s compliance with all international laws and regulations
- Work with legal team to draft and negotiate data protection terms in contracts and disclosures, including Data Protection Addendum, Privacy Policies, and Terms of Service
- Assist in developing and maintaining Itemize’s privacy program, and related policies, procedures, documentation, and communication materials
- Serve as a subject matter expert and resource on issues related to privacy, security, and data protection
- Develop compliance and security training materials, and conduct training for employees
- Review issues related to analytics and big data collection, use, and governance
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant privacy and/or compliance roles
- Experience with consumer finance, mobile apps, or payments is a plus
- Knowledge of GDPR, SOC 2, PCI, and Privacy Shield is a plus