Itemize is a NYC based fin tech venture with the best payments document processing engine on the market. Itemize unlocks data from receipts using machine learning technology automatically and efficiently. The Itemize App is used by tens of thousands of business people to manage their expenses and the engine processes hundreds of thousands of documents every month.
- We use the latest in artificial intelligence and machine learning to interpret payment documents (receipts, invoices) creating structured data from unstructured inputs.
- We deliver structured data to a high degree of accuracy in real time.
- We offer fully-automated products which enable true scalability and reduced costs to the end user.
- We eliminate the need for our users to retain physical documents.
- We also offer a server based API solution for enterprise partners, delivering real time data extraction on their payment documents
- Over 50,000 users have already selected us with industry-leading retention and our platform processing over 1.5 million documents a month
Our Leadership Team
Founder & CEO
James Thomas is one of the payments industry’s leading data innovators and analytics experts. In previous positions, James launched MasterCard’s payments data and information business, and has advised leading global banks and payments companies on data analytics and monetization strategies. James has served as a Vice President at First Manhattan Consulting Group, as well as held positions at Morgan Stanley and Booz-Allen. James holds a BA in Economics and German from Franklin and Marshall, a Masters of International Affairs from Columbia University, and a MBA from Columbia Business School.
Chief Data Scientist
Mike Haley has over twenty years of extensive experience in intelligent engines, algorithms, linguistics, applied math and machine learning. At Itemize, Mike oversees all machine learning, data mining and Natural Language Processing of the platform. Previous positions include Assistant Research Scientist at the Courant Institute of Mathematical Science, IT Director at Thomson Financial, and Search Architect at TheLadders. Mike holds a BA in Computer Science and a Masters in Linguistics from NYU.
VP of Strategy
Jessica Haller has 15 years of supervisory experience in data, business intelligence and payments. Jessica worked alongside Jim Thomas at MasterCard where the team transformed 250 terabytes of payments data into actionable intelligence and a profitable line of business. Prior positions include, CEO of a climate change data start-up and CIO of a not-for-profit. Jessica holds a BS from Wharton and an MPA in Environmental Science and Policy from Columbia University.
Chief Technical Officer
Jeremy Sanders has over twenty-five years of experience across development, infrastructure and architecture, specializing in building highly robust, high-throughput, low-latency, fault-tolerant systems. He has served as Chairman of the Financial Information Services Division of the Software and Information Industry Association, Jeremy has launched several successful industry-wide projects, including founding the MDDL XML for Market Data Initiative. Jeremy has held several positions at several major Wall Street firms and has advised and worked with several start-ups.